View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

We're watching house by house get foreclosed in our neighborhood. The lady on the corner across from my house got her house foreclosed, but that's because her jerk (homicidal maniac jerk!) of a boyfriend refused to help with the payments that he signed a contract for. And then he came to visit her one day, wanting to kill her. (drove his truck thru her garage) and when that didnt work, he showed up on Christmas while she was at her kid's house. Trashed the place. And when I say trashed, I mean with a fire axe trashed.

The bank that foreclosed on her house had workmen in there the other day (6 months after the vandalism) and they were bringing out the kitchen countertops and cabinetry and it looked like kindling. A lot of her furniture was left behind because it had been hacked up. (I now completely understand why she was crying uncontrollably the day she moved out, and why they were able to pack up so quickly)

There's another house up the hill that just started foreclosure proceedings, and I think there are rumours of a few more houses where the families are in trouble. That's just in our HOA, there are dozens of houses in the much larger HOA that's down the street from us that are going belly up too. Why doesnt the government try to do a bailout for those people? (not that I really want them to, a lot of those people overextended themselves. If they'd lived within their means, they might not be having these problems now)

We're noticing some strange activity in the forest up the hill from my house. Lots of strange looking men going in and out, and today some guy with a suitcase and a dog was sleeping in the grass just outside of the tree line. (hope he had bug repellent, there's a lot of ticks up there!) We're assuming that they're homeless and they're camping up there because the homeless population down by the lake is expanding (along with the crime rate in our neighborhood).

I'd rather see the government helping out The People, rather than the too-big-to-fail-until-they-FAIL-miserably-companies.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-31-2009)