View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 11:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbfoot View Post
Hi Aliya

You are not alone here.
If you read through these pages you will find many people who are in similar situations.
You will also find heaps of good infomation relating to your problems.

That is quite a story.
You can still type ok, it would take me days to do all that.
Thanks. There were times when it would have taken me days, as well....The hand symptoms, for me, wax and wane, sometimes with no discernable pattern (except seeming to be worse with exposure to cold), but appear to have been stable for the last several years for the most part. The facial symptoms, however, at the moment, appear to be progressing and getting worse after having shown up about two years ago. I managed to well and truly freak myself out recently when I found a majority of sites proclaiming that the usual cause of trigeminal neuropathy (as opposed to trigeminal neuralgia) is sometimes tumor or something pressing on the trigeminal nerve (something called an 'adenoid cystic carcenoma' or something, deals with the salivary glands or such)...some sites seemed to indicate this was in fact the most likely cause (others in contrast said it was the cause of a small percentage of them, and still others were somewhere in between)...I've had a "clean" MRI of the brain and CT of the neck but I dunno if anyone got the jaw and such in any of my imaging studies, so that's one more thing in all this for me to worry about now I guess, not only do I have to be worried about the nerves, I guess now I have to again be worried about whether I have cancer or not. I really wish my next doctor's appointment was before June 9.

I have been reading through some of the threads, and found a few threads that appeared to have some links to lists of tests that should be done, or a site with lists of tests that should be done...However the website appears to be down? Do you know whether or not those lists are available elsewhere? I would really like to be able to have something to suggest to/show to my doctor, as I suspect I am fast reaching the outer limits of their knowledge....

Thanks!
Aliya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote