View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Our neighborhood is peppered with "bank owned" homes. some of these folks lived in these places 10 years. long before the "sub prime" mortgage crisis. Yes, most took out home equity loans, and yes, most couldnt afford it, and the price of their homes was over inflated because of the huge swing in prices, and now when they go to sell its not worth 50% of what they thought. We tried to sell our house to move closer to the in laws, and people were showing up offering us pennies on the dollar. Those with money are out there trying to get some bargains, and those without are hurting. Once you lose your house, your credit rating is so poor, that now you cant qualify for an apartment lease. We see many living in their cars. One of our local churches has allowed overnight parking for families living in their cars. You must be gone by 8am, but at least there is a safe spot to park, and the police wont run you off.

The president said "we are back from the brink." Im sorry, but I dont believe that statement. i do not think we have seen the worse of this yet.

I think this whole bailout situation was handled so badly from the start. We now have statues being errected in state parks, and programs to find out why lobsters are mating less in some states, and buildings being errected that benefit no one, all because they got tacked onto those bailout plans. We have paid out more money in programs that were attached to the bailouts then ever should have been allowed. its just silly to have the bailout program include an outdoor playground for a preschool for a wealthy suburb. Sheesh!

I hope Americans start paying more attention to what their congress, and senate houses are passing that is attached to the programs that newcasters report.

Congress.org will keep you updated on how your local politicians voted, and what votes are up coming for your area.

Sunlightfoundation.com posts the text of major bills, like the stimulus packages.

Recovery.gov is the website for the stimulus information

cagw.org tracks government spending.

Pogo.org monitors federal contractors.

Cop.senate.gov monitors the bank bailout.

consumerfed.org connects you with local groups that are working on issues important to you and your neighbors.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (05-31-2009)