View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Have you had a recent chest Xray?

During the discussion period of the conference I attended, they presented some unusual case histories. Then asked the audience to comment...no one ventured BTW...One was about a 50 ish woman with ear/face pain on one side, who seemed to have a trigeminal trigger and headache. The doctor who gave this case was very very well respected...and you know what it was?

She had a lung tumor pressing on the vagus nerve in her chest and THAT was missed by her referring doctors. Sadly she was too far along with several metatases and died the next month.
But everyone was looking in her head, when in fact the problem was in her lung.

I am not saying this is your case, but like the presenters at the conference kept repeating.... people are complicated and there are surprises all the time!

Also ear pain can be from an ear infection that has spread to the mastoid process. A poster here on RSD just posted this thinking it was RSD related and in fact it was a mastoid infection. There are just so many possibilities. Keeping all the test results and doctor visits can become a huge task in itself!

I hope you find your answer soon.
Thanks.

No chest x-rays here since I was about 10 or 11. Maybe if I go back to the ENT I will ask him about getting a chest x-ray just to rule that out, along with asking him about the salivary gland stuff. I have decided I am definitely going to try to go back to the ENT next week, although they will totally hate me at work for it (I take sick leave, like, twice a week to go to doc appt's). I just hope he has appointments available. I am just kicking myself for not finding all this stuff 24 to 48 hours earlier, before my appointment last Friday, where I could've brought it all up.

Re: ear infections, he did not think I had one (when he looked in my ear), he said my eardrum was "slightly retracted" but he did not see any active infection, he thought the retraction of the eardrum meant I had had some infection "in the past", as he did not see anything when he looked in my ear.
Aliya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote