View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default update May 31

Three weeks down of 4 hour days at work, one more week to go then I get to "stretch" to 6 hour days. I must say working 1/2 time and getting full time pay is sweeeet.

The gym has continued to be great for me, my physio has upped the stakes adding in a bunch of new exercises to mix it up and push me a little more. I have also gone back to my old Tai Chi instructor to start that up again. I did it for 5 years then stopped for 4.... it is enjoyable to be able to get back to it. Tai Chi is great exercise if you don't have generalized MG but I would not recommend it for those who do; there is a lot of putting your weight on one bent leg and holding position for extended periods of time.

Increased muscle mass and tone has allowed me to put on some of the weight I have lost; I'm still mostly fat free though. Up to 125lbs now (heh, "up to..." before MG I was desperate to get "down to").

My MG is well controlled and feels like I may be close to remission. Eating is much better, but there continue to be some problem foods. It is funny, Crab, Lobster and shrimp - before MG I never noticed the difference in consistency and actually thought they were quite similar. Crab slides down without effort, Shrimp I cannot eat much of before it tires my swallower out and Lobster is about half way between. They all remain yummy and worth the effort though.

As far as meds go: I'm sticking with my 90mg 3x a day Mestinon for now, I'll discuss with my neuro at our next meeting (probably July or August) to see what he thinks of my reducing it back down to 60.

2009 is way more better than 08 for me; at least so far.
Brennan068 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote