View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

The effects of the recession are seen everywhere. Empty houses....overgrown lots....people living in tent cities....taxpayers being made to fund big corporate bailouts while everyday people stand in the unemployment line wondering how they'll pay the electric bill.

I'm so discouraged at the way things are being handled. I feel like I fell for a whole lot of promises and I'm getting a whole lot of nothing. It's just not fair. I didn't trust a lot of people before all this happened and now.....well, let's just say I trust no one anymore.

I just read an article about the President and his wife jetting off to NYC for a Broadway show. Apparently he promised her this trip while campaigning. It didn't say how much this is costing the taxpayers......but I can make a pretty good guess. Probably more than I owe in income taxes this year that I have no idea how I'll pay. Probably more than it would cost to insure one person who has lost their health care coverage due to job loss.

Not trying to make this political but I am so disheartened at the way things are being handled here in the U.S.. Canada is looking better to me everyday.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-31-2009), SallyC (05-31-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (05-31-2009)