View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 04:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I read this book

She did a fabulous job of exposing big pharma although I know there is even more to it than she wrote. It's a horrific problem and our elderly and children the most directly targeted: the elderly, because they watch daytime TV where there are so many Rx ads and they are scared they have this or that "syndrome" (translation: most recently concocted disease for which the drug company doing the advertising conveniently has a pill); the children, because if they can hook them onto a script young, they have a lifelong patient....much like an annuity. Sick, but true.

We now have so many doctors in my town that I am seeing actual billboard advertisements for their clinics and screenings. Screenings=big bucks, and often lead to scripts! But I am intrigued by the doctors/clinics advertising, as this is relatively new, and I wonder: are they advertising because there are now so many doctors that the patient pool has been sufficiently divided up so that very few doctors can lead the "golf course life", as I call it (ie, not enough patients per doc because there are too many docs) or, as I would like to believe, are more people taking charge of their own health and trying "alternative" therapies and no longer are going to the doc like they used to?
Hmmm.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote