View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 05:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Guilt: that useless emotion

My 89 year old year, dementia ridden Grandma passed away a couple of days ago. It was best for her and the family that it wasn't prolonged.

I feel guilty because I can't be at her service tomorrow. I'm physically not up for the 1000 mile trip to PA.

Worst of all, I realized that I have her wedding ring that I am positive that she would've wanted to be buried with. During the confusion after my mom's death last year my Dad gave my sister and me my mom's jewelry.
Somehow I ended up with my Gram's ring because my mom had been keeping it because of Gram's dementia.

My Aunt was trying to find it a few months ago when I figured out that the extra gold band in mom's stuff was the missing band. I planned on having my son take it with him to PA when he visits next month. My Dad didn't want me to mail it. Now I wish I had.

I know that my Aunt is probably torn up about this, I don't want to call her right now because it will just upset her more.

I understand, logically, this isn't my fault. Guilt sucks. I feel like it's something I should have thought of soon enough to overnight mail it.

I just needed to say this out loud, so to speak.

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (05-31-2009), AZjanie (05-31-2009), braingonebad (06-01-2009), Dejibo (05-31-2009), SallyC (05-31-2009), soxmom (06-01-2009)