Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 05:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new member

Hi, my name is Becky and I'm really glad to have found this NT site. I've only been on it twice, this being the second time.

I live in Texas and am married to a great guy (33 years this month). I have a married son who lives in the great Northwest with his wife and 3 children (my grandbabies). I have a dog (border collie) and a cat (silver tabby). Don't sleep much these days due to pain. Love to type. Work full time for a city near where we live but concerned as to whether or not that will continue and for how long. I live in a small ranch house. Love watching the cardinals and other birds in my backyard off of my great covered porch with a tin roof (better to hear the rare rain we get) and watch the deer come in and out of the yard, eating the greenery, sometimes my flowers. I love to write. I've been a Christian for many years but am just now getting to know what really "leaning" on my Savior means due to my not feeling well since about Dec. 2008. Was used to great health (not even a cold or flu many years) and took it for granted like so many of us who later find ourselves with a chronic pain disease.

I am in the midst of being diagnosed with a neurological disorder. Started in late December and was very slow getting a GP to send me for a referral, the last being at my request, not her decision. I did get in to see a good general neurologist and have had both a spinal and brain MRI, spinal tap, and EMG and nerve conduction study tests done, only to be in the middle of another referral to both another general neurologist and a special neurologist coming up this month. I have a type of motor neuropathy and they do not know what it is yet. Possible MMN or ALS or others. Am scared, of course, of what that might entail.

I'm glad to be here with you all and looking forward to making some new friends and hopefully to glean some great information about how to cope with whatever it is I wind up dealing with and to offer support to others who come to the website with their own issues and fears. Thanks for this site. I'm not great on chat rooms or this type of site as far as knowing how to operate or work on it so pardon the errors I might make.
ramcatluvr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-02-2009)