View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, John no longer works at MGH, he now works for a company called Linden Labs.

Before John stopped working at MGH, the braintalk forum became a seperate entity, that was no longer connected to the hospital in any way. John still worked at MGH, but braintalk was no longer a part of MGH in any way.

Remember when the forum moved from the neuro-mancer server to the hastypastry server? That happened at the same time as we got the new forum software that looked different (that looks just like this software).That was when Braintalk became it's own entity, out of the MGH building and no longer controled/owned by MGH.

BT is now a non-profit (became a non-profit shortly after it left MGH), and John Lester is the only driver at the wheel.

As for why braintalk has been broken for so long, and what the problem is, and when it will be fixed.... no one knows the answers to those questions.

Which is why DocJohn (the man who set up this forum and owns another forum called psychcentral) has agreed to keep this forum online and open for as long as we the members want to be here. A lot of people don't want to go back to the original braintalk even if it gets fixed because of it being unreliable.

Hope that helps to answer the questions taht were raised.... if I missed a question, or if anyone has more questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best

Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote