View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear that you have been dealing with such awful and painful spasms, Debbie!! I hope you are starting to feel better now and you're in my thoughts!!!

I also get bad spasms. I have Dystonia and Myoclonius. The Myoclonius causes my leg to jerk up and down in the air uncontrolably and the Dystonia causes my muscles to cramp into position so that I can't move them.

I haven't really found anything that helps with the spasms. I try and get up and walk around for a bit but sometimes, it is impossible as the spasms are that bad. If I can't stand then I try and straighten and bend my leg several times to see if that works. It helps sometimes but other times, it doesn't.

It might be worth trying some muscle relaxants if you aren't on them already. My Neuro tried me on lots of muscle relaxants but none really worked for me however I have heard that a lot of people get good results from Baclofen. My nanan had Progressive MS and the Baclofen helped her a lot so she ended up getting a baclofen pump implanted into her spine.

I hope you're feeling better now and that you don't have to deal with the awful spasms again!

Thinking about you!