View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default julette

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrouley1 View Post
hi all. i'm angie... i just turned 33 - wife of josh and mom of 3: talley (girl, 7), london (boy, 5) and scout (girl, 3).i was diagnosed with RSD about 3 days ago. i had shoulder surgery in march and had constant pain afterwards. the pain meds wouldn't work and i finally had a face-to-face with my doc about the pain that was burning a hole thru me! i had an x-ray and an MRI that showed the surgery was a success, but the pain said something different. i also had a purple hand and cold and numb fingers.

she told me i had RSD and sent me up to the pain clinic. the doc there said he didn't know... said 50/50 chance, but that he wanted to do blood work, a bone density scan and a shot in the neck. he said if the shot worked then he knew what it was.

well, i had the shot and it worked. i left the office without any mention of doing any other tests.

i'm really scared. i have a loving husband, but he doesn't understand how much pain i am in and thinks i just want attention. i am a very, very active person. i love any kind of sport and just play till my body stops. i'm scared that this is going to take over my life! i have been forgetting things. i have been talking strangely - i will start a sentence and then start the sentence over after saying the first 3 words like... i have to i have to go to the store.

can you guys relate to this?

i'm glad i found this forum.

ang
Hi Angie
Yes I too have this happen and then somtimes forget what the word is for something I asked my son to get his wash basket but got as far as wash in the end I just pointed to it and he said wash basket its very frustrating and then I dont say the word right like saying pecker for peppers that kind of thing. I have only recentley been told I have RSD so very knew to me. Like you I have pain and stiffness in my fingers and it must seem to my husband that Im going on a bit about this that and trying to find out what its all about and how it affects me, it seems like everytime he walks past Im on the computer doing research I just hope he doesnt get fed-up with me talking about it. I also have the pain in shoulder and arm hands/fingers with both heat and cold and tinling in hands I drop things alot and loss of strengh in arms and hands for me this could have been caused with having Radiation treatment for Cancer in 04 or that I have carpul tunnel in both wrists not sure which. I have not had anything go purple in colour but have read that this can happen its really frightning to know some of the terrible affects this can have on your body.
Julette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theburasfam (05-02-2020)