View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 09:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello everyone! I just located u all- from obt.
I think that enzymes are important. perhaps it is their diminishment which leads to the food not being correctly broken down and it is those proteins, fats and or sugars that are an irritant in some way to the lining of the stomach/intestine. also, dont they lead to putrefecation and build up of yeast etc. and the good bacteria is forced out. While this scenario occurs the leaky gut thingamajig happens to some people and the gluten/casein proteins escape to the bloodstream where antibodies and sometimes autoimmune mechanisms occur. this of course is a different scenario than that which is thought to occur with celiac( i think?).Perhaps, i have gotten even more confused since we all last met!

Now re the fatty acids and how that relates to what I was just talking about I am kinda lost. However, my son with adhd and Tourettes(now a senior in college, already having spent a term in Europe!) has very low cholesterol (122) which doc says is ok , but I dont know- could signal malabsorption.
Also, years ago he was found do be low in dha, epa and arachidonic acid, while still being high in linoleic acid- signaling a deficiency in desaturase 6, i think, which I just read is an enzyme.
homer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote