Thread: Chicago
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Talked with DH, this evening, about some Chicago options that I found online, and that you suggested.

He really doesn't want to drive in Chicago (we'd probably fly there), so, rather that rent a car, we might try to do mostly public transportation. We'd have to figure it out, but I hear that Chicago has a good bus system. (Do you experienced ones think that could work?)

Because of that, he's not interested in the cabin option that I found, or out of town things. I'd rather stay in a Chicago hotel, anyways. If we Priceline it, we can probably get a good price, both on airfare and lodging. We've done that for hotels before, but I've never tried it for flights.

But, he sounded interested in the Museum of Science and Industry, the zoo, stuff around the lake and piers (architectural boat tour, etc.), and some parks, and he'd be willing to do some downtown stuff with me, too.

I might like the Oprah tickets idea. Her website was down today when I tried to look into it. DH watches Oprah sometimes, and has even taped it occasionally. Isn't terribly interested in going to her show, but would be willing to.

Thanks for all of your ideas.

~ Faith
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008

Last edited by FaithS; 06-01-2009 at 10:30 PM.
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote