Thread: Chicago
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default So much to see.

Lived here all my life and we actually stay away from the city. LOL BUT, as a tourist it is great! You have to go to the Field museum and Shed Aquarium as Shelly stated. They are right across the street from Soldier Field. The Planetarium is cool too. The Art Institute is nice but they just raised the price to $16 a person to get in so go on their website and see which day is the free day. Navy Pier is fun and don't forget to take a dinner cruise and see the city skyline. If your feeling daring stroll out to the lighthouse and just sit there and look at the city. Very pretty.

Depending on how you feel about ghosts, they have a fun three hour filled ghost tour that is said to be one of America's best top ten tours. Lots of history and you can choose which tour you want to see. They pick up in Chicago downtown area. Check out their site: http://www.chicagohauntings.com/ Also check out Rock and Roll McDonald's. It is near the pick up for the ghost tour.

The Museum of Broadcast Communications is fun if you like old TV shows and stuff. Sears Tower is now the Willis Tower so don't be surprised when you don't see it named Sears Tower. Don't forget to have hubby lie down on the sidewalk and get a pic of you standing near the tower! If he doesn't feel comfortable doing that just ask anyone to take the pic for you. And place both hands on the building. You can actually feel it move especially on a windy day.

Even if your not going anywhere stroll down below to the "L" station and just walk a little. It's where the "heart" of Chicago is. Many of bands, singers and local talent abound down below the city. Just be sure to go during the day when it's not rush hour.

A short ride right passed the post office will get you to Little Italy near the University of Illinois Chicago. It's on Halsted. China Town is great too.

If pizza is to your liking check out Gino's. They have two locations. They may not have the best pizza but you get to leave your name on the wall. That's right, they allow graffiti and encourage it!

And even if you don't like sports, Wrigley Field is a great historic place to visit. Call ahead of time and ask for Jan in the disabled ticket office. Tell her Jim and Sandy referred you and ask if you can get a tour of some type. If you need my last name Pm me.

There is so much to see and many more. If I think of any I'll come back. If you decide to venture out of the city go check out Ronald Reagan's hometown in Dixon.