View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default this is it

Hi Tommy I too am 8 years post injury. Problem is that I keep on bumping my head - what I did for this huge reaction was only a minor bump and now it takes hardly anything to set off symptons again.

About every 2nd year I have gone through the "this is it" thing and relax for a while and make the best of what I have and work around it. You do feel better for that. When I don't have that mind set I am constantly fighting it which makes you feel worse and wastes what little energy you do have. You are better using your energy on something else that you enjoy.

Like Melek has said on another post - she is very much like me - the energetic socialable( I can't spell too well now!) busy person! I have had to learn to like different things - quiet dinners out, early nights etc - I have to make choices that are for self preservation - like do I want to stay up and watch that rugby game and be tired for 3 days afterwards or go to bed at 10.00pm and watch the replay the next day and pretend it is live - things like that. Sometimes I think it is so unfair and I was too young and fit for this to happen - can't fix it so my choice for me has to be make the most of what I can - I still cry under the shower at times I must admit! You also need to surround yourself with positive people as you can drag yourself down without somebody else helping you!

My routine has saved me by not coming too tired before resting keeps the worst symtons away - especially anxiety and headaches/dizziness. Sometimes I can go an entire week and feel ok ( with my rests) and considering what I was like - that is an achievement.

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-03-2009)