View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 05:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and love. I do have an update on the situation. It appears I may have fainted, I'm not sure though. See, I was going into a panic attack one night when my mother wasn't there and had just gotten up. I had slept all day, but was still bogged down and panicky. So I decided to rest on the couch and watch TV. Maybe get my mind off of my worries. I started to dose off again, and then that's when this event happened. First, everything started getting darker and darker. Then, my ears started ringing something terrible. Finally, my eyes closed. I struggled to keep them open, but wasn't able to. Several times I felt my heart skip, and I felt the faint feeling coming on each time stronger and stronger as I tried to fight it.

Either it won and I woke up a few minutes later, or I fought it off and got up. It happened very quickly and no more than a few seconds had passed when it ended.

The reason I question it being fainting is because I could "fight" it. I don't think you can "fight" fainting, it just happens. I'm not sure if I had a seizure, but it would kind of make sense since I was told to stop the Klonopin cold turkey without weaning off of it and it says that can happen (seizures). Then again, it wasn't in my system more than a few days if that. The Ativan was in my system for a week when I was told to stop it cold turkey. I guess it doesn't matter with those type of drugs since they are so low doses. (.5-1mg)

Whatever the case, it scared me greatly. Since it occurred I've been back to the ER nearly 7 times to the point where they say "There's nothing more we can do for you". They ran a CT scan, EKG, blood and urine tests, and everything in between and all turned out great. But I feel faint all the time now. I don't know what it could be. The drugs should be out of my system by now.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (06-04-2009), tamiloo (07-22-2009)