View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ldn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibken View Post
Are you self-medicating - or following an Md's RX? Any 'side effects' so far?
What does Benadryl do - act as an anti-infllammatory?

ibby
I think a lot of folks take Benedryl for the same reasons others take LDN, it appears to slow progression in some people, and help symptoms as well. We take it because it helps with sleep. It definitely has not stopped our progression, though, and I cannot say it helps with symptoms, either, but it is helping others much more significantly. There have been several posts about LDN on the forum, if you search they should come up.

I saw this article too and it is one more thing tying inflammation into this whole PD mess. It just keeps coming up....we have wondered if you took a shot of cortisone in the brain what that would do, since it is such a powerful anti-inflammatory???? That's similar to what they did with that rhumatoid arthritis drug for alzheimer;s, injected it into the neck and those folks improved immensely within minutes....doubling their cognitive score on the mental exam. I'm not sure if anyone is pursuing that research, though, since that drug, we were told by our neuro, can cause MS-like side effects. The point though, is that inflammation seems to be the culprit, again.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote