Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New Member

Thanks BMW for the thoughtful reply. Yea, ON was ruled out mostly b/c of the trauma to my face. I do not mind questions at all. I fell down the steps and put my face through drywall at the bottom of the steps. I must have had my head tilted more to the right. I have a numb place on my left cheekbone. The drywall thing happened last July. In November started having the left teeth pain thing. The dentist told me it was not dental. He has my long never ending loyalty for not pulling the teeth that I asked him to. I went to a neurosurgeon in February. The Dr suggested Gamma Knife. What I did not know was that he had just started doing Gamma Knife for TN that is not classic. He did the radiation through the front of my face since that was where the damaged nerve was. I have since read that destuctive procedures on TN that is not classic can do more harm than good. Now the pain is in the left teeth and has spread to my jaw and ear. I went to the neurologist yesterday and she pressed on the trigger point under my left cheekbone. Yeow. All she can do is meds for the pain. I am going to titrate down on the gabapentin and add Lyrica slowly. So now I will be on Gabapentin, Lamictal, Lyrica, Tramadol and Ambien for when I can't sleep b/c of the pain. Sorry for the long post but trying to explain this thing to people (like my boss and roommates and primary care doc.) is nearly impossible. It is nice to talk to people who will understand. Right now I am nauseated b/c of the pain. I just started Kaiser so that is why I have to go to new neuros. I have an appt. with a neurosurgeon in July. Thank you for listening to all this. It is so good to be able to vent.
I am so sorry for all you have gone through and all you are going through. . Thanks again for reading this long, boring post. Let me know how you are doing.
More Hugs, thoughts and prayers coming your way,
Teresa
jerrysmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (06-03-2009)