View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 03:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am again suprized

I guess I expected to be set on fire and sent to hell for even suggesting using it, comes as a great shock that I wasn't. Once I'm underemployed, perhaps I'll give it another go. Amusing to me that the medical establishment has no problem handing out meds with hateful side effects as long as they get a cut of the profit, but God forbid they ok using a benign substance with no OD potential and only minimal side effects. Perhaps if the pharmaceutical industry were the only ones allowed to produce legal pot for sale in pharmacies things would be copacetic. God Bless the docs out there who put concern for their patients at the top of their list of priorities, as it should be, as opposed to pushing drugs they have to know are unsafe for profit. Not to be on a rant, but when there are perfectly safe painkillers available, why the hell use people as test subjects for off label uses of very dangerous drugs? I had three docs write me scripts for neurontin. Have you ever looked up all the flat out dangerous side effects of that med? I understand it is a godsend to some folks, and that's fine. As it stands right now though, there is debate as to whether it has any effect at all for nerve pain. You can't tell me that billions were spent on development of that stuff and they don't know whether it passes into breast milk, how it really works, etc. As I understand it, they created fast track for meds in response to the AIDS crisis, and rightly so. Yer dying of something, you've got to give anything a try. It has gone well beyond that, over a hundred thousand Americans die every year from legally prescribed meds, taken right. That's insane. And when I see folks tell me how evil weed is, how it'll ruin 'the children' and 'traditional family values', I could puke at their hypocrisy. People are needlessly DYING for fun and profit, and they just don't care enough about them to research their deeply held 'beliefs'. Read The Book again, show me where Jesus said it was cool to put manna over man, profits over people. Enough. I've said my piece. Later all. Smoke.
Smoke_666 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-02-2009), Dew58 (06-02-2009), msellie (06-05-2009)