Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawlpawl View Post
Hello,
My name is Paul, im 18 and live in the bay area of California.

3 years ago I was brutally attacked, dozens of stomps to the head etc, and 2 years later I began getting terrible sharp head pains.

4 monthes ago a few doctors agreed that my condition could probably be Occipital Neuralgia, they believe I have severely damaged nerves in the back of my head causing me tremendous pain that my medication is having a hard time supress.

Im currently taking high doses of Neurontin to try to supress the nerve pain, it works usually but lately has been not so effective. I have done research and sought the possibility of severing the damaged nerves to eliminate this nightmare that iv been dealing with for the past 3 years.

Has anyone gone this route or know any information on my condition that could be helpful in my decision? Honestly the pain is unbearable for me, its causing me serious depression issues and im just tired of hurting, the thought of this all ending is like a dream to me.

Hi Hon.

I would like to introduce myself and give you a big friendly hug. I think you really need one.

I really feel for you, and I hope that you can find the right combo of meds so you can be relatively pain free. One can only hope.

My husband has a condition known as Neuropathy and in the past, his pain was so severe that he went on the Fentanyl Pain patch.

What are you taking (besides Neurontin) for the pain.

Has anyone told you about the Fentanyl pain patch? It's made by Duragesic. It really worked for my husband but he got used to it and (well, this was 7 or so years ago), and he was up to 125 of the patch, and because he went to a chiropractic neurologist, he was able to be weaned off the patch.

I don't know where he would be today if he still had to be on the patch because you an only go so high on it.

I hope you find your answers. You sound like a lovely person. And I am so sorry that this happened to you.

Just wanted to give you a hug. (I'm a mom also).

take care...

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-02-2009)