View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RE:New member: Suffering from Occipital Neuralgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawlpawl View Post
Hello,
My name is Paul, im 18 and live in the bay area of California.

3 years ago I was brutally attacked, dozens of stomps to the head etc, and 2 years later I began getting terrible sharp head pains.

4 monthes ago a few doctors agreed that my condition could probably be Occipital Neuralgia, they believe I have severely damaged nerves in the back of my head causing me tremendous pain that my medication is having a hard time supress.

Im currently taking high doses of Neurontin to try to supress the nerve pain, it works usually but lately has been not so effective. I have done research and sought the possibility of severing the damaged nerves to eliminate this nightmare that iv been dealing with for the past 3 years.

Has anyone gone this route or know any information on my condition that could be helpful in my decision? Honestly the pain is unbearable for me, its causing me serious depression issues and im just tired of hurting, the thought of this all ending is like a dream to me.
Hi Paul

I just wanted to let you know that my daughter has been suffering with Occipital Neuralgia for nearly 9 years. Last year she had a radio frequency abrasion which didn't work then she had nerve decompression done on both greater Occipital Nerves. This worked for about 4 months then she began having trouble again. We thought it was migraines but the Occipital Neuralgia came back. We are scheduling her for severing of both nerves now. We hope to have the surgery in the next couple of weeks. She is in constant pain which keeps her bed ridden most of the time. We are hopeful that this will take care of her trouble; if not there isn't anything left for her to try. I hope you can find relief for your problem soon, I know how devastating this can be. Good luck and keep putting pressure on your doctors, most of them just don't sense the urgency of your plight. Keep us posted on your progress.

Paul D.
pdarnell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-02-2009), MelodyL (06-03-2009)