View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 08:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default a few thoughts

John,

I read several of your posts last week and I completely agree with you (probably most PWPS would). what you say about putting up a goo front is so true for me. I could be writing the same, just replace piano with lab work......"I put up a good front at home and at work. I try my absolute best to act as though nothing is wrong, and I can continue to persue my dreams. I practice the piano nearly every day, with my chin up and a smile on my face, even as my technique declines with some days so bad I want to cut the piano up for firewood. "

Some days I wonder if I am fooling myself and still not accepting that I have PD. It has been 5 years since my diagnosis and symptoms are noticable, I see a change in all walks of my life (one of your other posts talks about it). Though I have a lot of support at home, at times I am lonely and feel I am alone in this battle with PD. The next day, just as you described, I try to act "normal". I donot want to accept defeat in this battle.
This makes me wonder if I am running away from reality and living in a fantasy land? Is science my escape and anchor to go on? I dont want to bring in religion and God to this post, but certainly my "faith" has been in science. Is it bordering on stupidity to think I can do something about PD and change its course? I donot know........
Anyone with similar thoughts?

Girija
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote