View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey asb

[QUOTE=AintSoBad;518432]SG,
I think, it's VERY Interesting, and will keep my eyes on my Cymbalta!
(Something, besides bachelor food, is making me gain weight)...?

Others lose it.

But, You still need to talk to your doctor, it just doesn't matter what we think.
What you do, and learn from your doctor, might be a big help to a lot of us here!
I think you should tell him/her just what you wrote up above!
The last paragraph.
Let us know!?

Hey asb here is a review I found on cymbalta,,,,,

Although the cymbalta did treat my depression to the point that I could function once again, I do have a couple of major complaints. There was not nearly enough information provided to me regarding side effects. I am someone who actually reads the pamphlet that the pharmacist gives you. No where to be found are the severe impact it can have on your weight. Over time, and I have been on it approximately 18 months. Upon further investigation on my part, I have found that cymbalta actually enters your fat cells and STAYS THERE! OVER TIME the weight creeps on and on. To top that off are the severe side effects when you are trying to ween yourself off of it. For example, I have gained 15 POUNDS in the two weeks while trying to eliminate cymbalta from my life. Not to mention the other awful side effects: brain zaps, mood swings, high blood pressure, urge to urinate one second & not making it to the bathroom the next, diahrea, joint pain, brain fog, adema, slurred speech and others. Think twice before using this drug. In the 18 months that I have been taking it I have gained 34 pounds. On a 5'1" frame thats another whole person practically. I was in a size 6-8 petite, and now I am busting out size 16's. Talk about a reason to be depressed!!! It's been 17 days and the brain zaps are almost gone and I am "starting" to feel like myself again-except for the weight gain. If I was eating carbs, sweets, etc. that would be one thing. But I follow a high protein, high vegetable diet. Really consider the consequences.
Published: March 02, 2008 I just copied and pasted this from another page
lexiemae1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote