View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 03:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dear Loretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi Sunshine Girl, Wow, that is high. RSD is an autonomic disorder, which means the organ that are involuntary are affected, like the heart, circulation, lungs, We either have high bp or low bp. or both. I'm on two double dosed bp meds. and still go high and then go low. The sympathetic nervous system, can make it go up and the parasympathetic system tries to balance it and causes it to drop, sometime way too low. So it's just trying it's been to keep us even. I passed out one morning, it went so low. Some blood pressure meds have diuretics in them, thus the quick weight loss. And yes, most of us have water retention big time, bad circulation.
I'm on Cymbalta, I didn't know it also was a weight gainer. I just went off 3200 mg. of neurotin and started loosing weight. 30 lbs. I went off two double dosed anti-depressants and went on Cymbalta 120 mg. I have another 30 lbs. to loose to get back to my lifetime regular weight of size 6.
I personally feel loosing the weight is very important for my heart health, and overall health, family history is NOT GOOD in that department and I'm 61.
I'm sure you've read about the sweating being a part of RSD, That again is part of defective autonomic disorder. I've just gone to a Dr. to check my hormone levels, which are low, and my sleeping is not good at night, the sweating is bad. So I'm going on hormones thru her perscription and a compounding pharmacist. This has been around for a long time, and I decided to try it. Oprah, Dr. Phil and other shows have featured the benefits of it. They make the hormones thru natural products called bio-identical. A woman has been working with this for 25 years here. Suzanne Summers has written a book on it. Insurance doesn't pay for it, but what else is new. I'm hoping, it will help regulate my body temp. We live in Arizona. My mother was born and raised in Arkansas.
You know Sunshine Girl, the flushing, sweating, could be all of the above, the Cymbalta, hormones, and we know it definetly is RSD. Women even in their mid to late 30's start the peri=menopausal phase. That can last 10 years. I'm real excited to try my bio-identical hormones. There are several books on it. Dr. Phils wife goes to a Dr. in Santa Monica California. That's where I was headed before I found this Dr. here. I'll report back in a month or so when I get started on them.
Really hope you get some relief. Take care, loretta hugs
My pharmacist does that kind of mixing hormones also. But I have been on the same blood pressure and same hormones for 12 yrs or longer/ I can't believe having a total hysterectomy 15 yrs ago my hormones would now freak out, I don't think so? But the RSd and the taking of Cymbalta are the 2 things that have changed in the last 6 months. and that is when things seem to change health wise for me.. I do appreciate the input.. I am still just trying to correlate things that have changed or so or meds tried or not tried.. Thanks LISaps/Working all night till 6:30 am Have a good sleep!!
lexiemae1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote