View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ABout the lyrica

Lyrica has not been on the market that long. My husband took it beginning of 2006. He was one of the first people to use it.

I am surprised to see it being combined with Tegretol. How do they know that it is safe to do that?

The side effects of him taking the Lyrica were that he put on wieght, had edema in his ankles, and felt de-motivated and lethargic. It also made his eyesight blurry. It took about 5-6 months before those events became very noticeable.

He made the decision to go off it. It had served a purpose, as he had been mis-diagnosed, and had a lot of pain while dealing with NOT being treated for diabetes when he should have been doing insulin. By the time he went off it, the insulin was working very well and his neuropathies were pretty much non- existant.

I think you need a second opinion.

Hope things improve.

Joy Healer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirst View Post
Hi there. Could anybody give me some advice on my meds. I'm on 800mg tegretol, 300mg Lyrica, Molypaxin and Cymbalta daily and been on them for 2 months for Trigeminal Neuralgia.
I'm still having a hard time with side effects, such as confusion, dizzyness, loss of words (I laughed when I say that on the leaflet, but now I know what it means!!) I can't seem to concentrate for very long. My face is completely numb (which I'm not complaining about cause it's better then the pain) I have very little appetite and have lost on ave 2kg's a week. I shake but not all the time. And I have bouts of being VERY intoxicated. It doesn't last all day but hit's me in waves and then I'm really stoned. If I didn't have to work all day I might of enjoyed it
I have the worst dry mouth and am constantly thirsty, however if I have too much water in one go I get instantly "drunk". and recently I've noticed that my urine is very dark and smells strong (sorry TMI) but it shouldn't be with the amount of water. (I don't go over 2 litres a day)
I also dread coming to work now (I'm a Civil Draftsmen and designer) and well, I seem to have lost ALL technical ability, hell I'm struggling to even write this!
So I'm wondering if the side effect's get better with time or do I need to learn to cope with them? From some of what I've read this is the best it's gonna get, but I wont keep my job very long if that's the case. Please any advice on the meds I'm on or the combination I'm on, If anyone can give me some clarity on this or just a little hope it would be great! It's starting to worry me that I'll be drunk for the rest of my life (though it makes me a cheap date)

Thanks so much!
JoyHealer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-12-2009)