View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default long term

Some more added ideas, some are aggressive. I have trigger point injections, with working it is longer term then my attachment to the tennis ball and wall. I also use Toradol as an anti inflamatory, and valium, as the truest muscle relaxant.

If you can cam the nerve, the muscles should follow to relax. They try to make a splint around the inflamed nerve.

Every year or so I have an epidural spine injection in the C-5, it totally calms down the areas of my flare ups. It is a surgical procedure that uses a florascope to identfy the right place to inject. The doc uses Depo medrol.

My first one was ok, not florascope, the last two he used it and got the right spot. Travels across the traps, into the arms to finger tips. Feels like a ballon filling up fast. But the relief is the most long erm I had.

I only work part time, I do have my grandson often and he is 18 months old 30 lbs now, so I often go to his level instead of lifting him to mine.

The support of your arm is a big benefit! Do you ahve problems with your palms and top of the hands. My computer work is killing me lately.

I also use the gel ice bag or bag of peas, sit back in the recliner. My trigger points for Dec 27th have been rescheduled...I am not happy about that! I was just counting the days so I wouldnt have to go in early. But, my left is flaring too tight. I want more relief then hot tub and toradol.

I hope some of the advice all have given can help,
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote