View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 05:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Pete,
I had RSD for about 8 years when I saw a new neurologist, and after more tests, he said I had 'generalized' or full body RSD. That's basically both hands, both arms and shoulders, both feet and legs. neck, spine, head, face hears, groin area, all my skin, inclluding top of my head, the red itchy dots all over head. They go in the outer part of both ears and just inside my nose.
Because RSD is an autonomical disorder, which means all organs that are involuntary.
RSD can involve, the heart, lungs, kidneys, bladder, blood pressure, circulations, eyes, mouth. I personally have involvement in my heart-rythym, lungs, chronic inflammation, colon diverticulitis, skin red dots, skin leisons, sweating, and ice cold feet and hands at times to the bone. Bone loss is an issue with us, especially our teeth, so it's important our dentist is on board and willing to read about RSD. I take antibiotics the day of my cleaning and check up. I also use the nitrous oxide mask to relax. Didn't before RSD, but why get nervous about it. We usually have dry mouth from meds, so that is not good for keeping our bones in our mouth. I had a root canal by another dentist and he didn't tell me he gave me a shot of ephenephrine and I had to get his attention( my mouth was wired open) because I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Remember Dr. H on the puzzles mentioned ephenephrine. They give that to you to make the anethestic last longer. I keep a warning on that in my billfold, as it really can induce a heart attack.
Hope this helps some. had this stuff 13 years. your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-04-2009), Dew58 (06-05-2009), Sandel (06-05-2009)