View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Has any one here ever had a reaction to Lidocaine ?

I’d be interested to hear from any one here whose been injected with lidocaine foranything and how they've reacted to it .

The reason I ask is because my own confusing neurological problems started developing about 11 yrs after receiving it ( lidocaine ) as treatment for my other muscoskeletal problems . This treatment which is known as Prolotherpay involved injecting dextrose / pitcher plant into the joints , and as there were no reports or side effects I assumed it was ok,

11 yrs on I decided ( because Ive been too scared too since ) to see what would happen if I tried the lidocaine again and found even the topical solution of it to produce the same terrible crawling ,hot and cold sensations I felt then - i still have it now 4 days on !

Admittedly I don’t have diagnosis thanks to the NHS here which have all but ignored my attempts to get this investigated so I've just been trying to maintain it with supplements etc

Its starting to get worse again however and so I thought I'd try see what I could bring up - it turns out the lidocaine is one of the few medicines then that can increase the permeability of the BBB and affect CNS , my curiosity thrn is just in what capacity and whether any one else here has experienced the same thing ?

thanks for listening.

matt
melon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote