View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsunshine View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am new to Neuro Talk and boy do I need advise.
I was diagnosed with the PN about 7 weeks ago and my primary Dr put me on Gapapentin 300 mg twice a day. Worked great for about 5 weeks. Then the burning and sharp pains, pins and needles got much worse.
Back to where I couldn't sleep with sheets on me again! So, I went back and he said to double up the doses to 600mg. 2 to 3 times a day. It's alright if at night but I am a zombie during the day too druged out feeling, and I backed down again to 1. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I also have very swolen feet too which makes walking hard as well. I am currently out of work don't even no if I could handle working and have no medical insurance as well.
So can't afford to go to a neurologist in my area either. I am wondering if there are any comfortable shoes you can buy to help with the pain??
I understand completely what you're going through. I'm a 1 1/2 into my experience and, unfortunately, it keeps progressing a bit a time.

I started on Gabapenton about 9 months ago. Initially a small amount, but now I'm at 2400 mg per day. It took me bit to adjust to the sleepiness, but got over it. You, too, may adjust. I'd stick with it a bit and see if you can adjust, too. I believe gabapentin is much cheaper than some of the newer alternatives. Since you don't have insurance, this may be a consideration.

I'm still searching for the best shoe solution. Every so often, I have to stand a lot in a single day (like yesterday). By the end, my feet are killing me. But as soon as I can lay down a bit, they do improve.

I wish you all the best. I'm still trying to figure this out for myself, too. I'm not even quite 50 and not looking forward to this for the rest of my life. But, it appeas to be the hand that I've been dealt.

Regards...
EHorst99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote