Thread: Vp shunt= sad
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 11:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen623 View Post
Hello I am fastly approaching my two year ann. of my brain surgery for a rathke cleft cyst / vp shunt placement.....I am writing to see if i'm not alone. Sooooo glad to find others with symptoms and pains as I have. My head at the moment is very sore and swollen i mean like baseball size right beside my shunt.....I have had shunt series over a month ago and routine mri and cat's. I am beside myself!!! I am tired of complaining and having to call the dr. and drive an hour and a half one way to see my neurosurg. the pains in the stomach they tell me i'm just sensative and feeling the tube. The chest pains like stabbing pains are just pains from your body adjusting to the tube as well as the neck pain. I have been having headaches for as long as i can remember. I am about to turn 25 and i feel like i am 100. Has anyone else's head swollen and became very sore especially lifting your eyebrows? Is this normal or should i be concerned? Please help I'm at my wits end with this. Its nice to talk with people who understand and share stories......PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Hi!! I just had my VP shunt placed in Jan of 09. The pain in my abdomen and pelvic area is unbareable. My neurosurgeon is 2 hours away and its a pain to have to keep goin but I have been unrelenting in my battle to make them understand I AM MISERABLE! I have been scheduled to have the tubing moved to the pleural cavity in two wks on June 17th.I hope it works because I feel like Ive traded one pain for another. Keep at your doc about the pain..it is real and it isnt fun!!!
erie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote