View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

When I see those threads, I always assume that there is some specific reason for the rant and the goal is to get like-minded replies.

In all honesty, I can come up with a quick quip but rarely use them myself.

I think it's super important to remember that this online community is a miniscule microcosm of an already finite population. The next layer is that we're not always of a mind to post things about how a kind stranger held a door, lifted groceries, or how a friend went out of his/her way to grab a gallon of milk or bring in our mail.

No matter where we go in this world, there are people doing and saying stupid things. With this disease, we tend to encounter those special moments a little more often.

When those threads come up, I receive them as a sort of invitation to the playground of our minds. I honestly don't believe that anyone feels as sharply as those goofy posts make it seem.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom

Last edited by AfterMyNap; 06-04-2009 at 12:52 PM.
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (06-04-2009), Desinie (06-04-2009), Jappy (06-05-2009), SallyC (06-04-2009), woodhaven (06-04-2009)