View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bella---
The thought that immediately comes to my mind and something I was told many times when I was on birthcontrol is that nothing is fool proof. The best thing to do is to use "double protection" (ei pill and condom, jelly, etc). Before my DH and I decided to start TTC , we always used double protection....

I am no longer on BC, but when I was I tried several different pills and eventually ended up on Necon-- which I was on for about 3 years (I was on BC for a total of 5 yrs). It was great for me, and I had no side effects, etc-- as it seems you like it too, but most GYN's don't like it because it is pretty strong. I *think* the Necon is the name brand of the pill-- have u tried getting the getting the generic version ? I've been on both name brand and generic and the only difference is on the generic I had a little more nausea......

Another option is the Ortho Evra Patch . Its exactly like the pill-- meaning the hormones, just delivered via a sticky patch you put on your skin and change every week. I tried it, but was allergic to the adhesive.

Then there are the "barrier" methods-- ei condoms, diaphrams, etc and things like spermacides too.

Its a very personal choice and it seems like your doctors have given you quite a few options, so do some research, talk to your friends.....

Good Luck !
L2L
love2laugh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote