View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 01:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Botox & Muscle Spasms

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in some time on here as it still is a problem for me to sit for any length of time. I miss this forum. You all have helped me so much in the 6 years that I have had RSD. My biggest pain right now is my SI joint and the muscles spasming around it. I have tried coritisone/marcane injections into the SI joint, trigger point injections into the surrounding muscles, PT, massage, chiro, kinesio tape, lidoderm patchs, flector patchs, TENS, stretches, etc. My pain doc thinks there are several things going on in the area concerning the joint and the muscles. The pain radiates from the SI joint up to the lower back and down to the top of the hamstring (which burns like crazy and affects my ability to sit more that the SI joint pain). On my last visit he said there was nothing more that he could do for me except try experimental procedures. I'm very afraid of the nerve ablation as I have read many stories of the failures. (Have any of you tried it and if so, what did it do for you? He said he has had success with them.) The only other option he can try on me is botox injections into the muscles. I am thinking that I have to try this. Have any of you had any experience with botox? Has it helped the muscle spasms and the pain?
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Linmarie
Linmarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote