View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default More info on natural treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlady View Post
Cathie,
Mayo did not give me any alternate treatment at the time I went (over a year ago) I was to go back this year to be re-evaluated. My husband is having back problems and I don't think there will be another visit. But I wonder if the burning you have was not the small fiber sensory neuropathy. It is a hallmark of Sjogren's I believe. And mine burns horribly. I'm in a vat of hot oil from my toes thru my upper back at this point. I desperately need to up my Lyrica and I tried to but it was just too much at one time and I was so loopy. What was worse was knowing I was loopy.

I'm taking methotrexate, 20 mg. Have they ever suggested methotrexate for you for the immune system issues? I know you are taking Prednisone. But my rheumie was considering putting me on steroids with the methotrexate if my sed rate hadn't come down a few months ago.

I wish you luck with this doctor and I'm anxious to see what he has to say.

Billye
One thing I should add to my previous post is that homeopathics have helped me tremendously! The Dr. Frank's homeopathic pain spray and Immune Balance have helped my pain and stiffness, and I regularly use one called Restful Legs made by Hyland's Homeopathics. I had to have unexpected surgery on my neck 2 months ago and afterward had terrible burning pain over a large area (NOT the area the surgery was done on!) and after 5 days of taking a homeopathic called Nerve Fix by Natural Care (capsule formula), it was all gone and has never come back! (Quit taking it several weeks ago...)
I do not even take Ibuprofen anymore, as it raised my blood pressure and I've never had high blood pressure! (yes, it can CAUSE high BP!!) I even take homeopathics for headaches and they work as well as OTC drugs and are MUCH safer!!! It is fascinating to read about the long history of the safe use of homeopathics, the science behind them, and the extensive pharmacopia that still exists. Herbs such as Gingko Biloba (liquid) have helped my brain fog and unsteadiness, and there are many others as well that have helped. One thing I have read is NOT to take Siberian Ginseng or Eleuthero if you have SS, because it has been found to increase B cell proliferation, which researchers now believe may be one cause of exacerbation of autoimmune diseases.
MimiLinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-05-2009)