View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It's nice to know someone else is taking this

I am taking the exelon patch, pretty much the same as aricept only in patch form. I was so bad that I think my doctor thought I was going to overdose on pills so at the last minute she switched it.

Been on for 4 months now. Used to have the most vivid dreams when I first started. Learned to put it on before bed so that It's peak time would be in the morning. If taken at mid day it would start kicking on at bed time. Didn't sleep much for that first month.

I would describe that first few months of dreaming as very surreal. Sometimes I would wake up and still be in the dream for nearly an hour. those days were fun conversations. One time at night I had to rip it off because I would literally see lighted grid patterns of my brain firing whenever my eyes were closed. It was pretty dramatic.

Once you get through the initial breaking in period, though, it is awesome. I sometimes feel like my old self. Still have higher cognitive difficulties, but if I respect my limitations and don't push it, I feel normal or what I once thought of as normal.

Did have some issues in the 2nd and 3rd months with my blood pressure spiking, but it has since gone back down. Also heartburn has become a huge issue. Try exercising a little with it and you will be amazed at how alive you feel.

Hope it works well for you.

Angie

Did they tell you that you can only be on it for two years? I often wonder why. I know this use is off label and wonder if there is something we need to know.
angie2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote