View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 11:47 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Sydney,

I am probably more knowledeable about HBOT than just about anyone here. In fact, I am writing an article about RSD and HBOT I plan to submit for publication to a medical journal on HBO.

If you read the thread Fact, Fiction and RSD, you know that I believe that it is more likely that this disease is caused by what is called an ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI) than by a nerve injury, HBOT is often used to treat IRI.

A number of RSD patients have had HBOT, some with very good results; some with brief remission followed by catastrophic relapse. I am sure I understand what causes the relapses and how to prevent them.

Unfortunately, I have been working on the article I mentioned most of last night, and am too tired and weak to write at length right now, and I feel I need to go into some detail, describing what appears to have been effective in preventing relapse and the reasons I believe that HBO chamber operators use too much oxygen and too high a pressure to offer the best outcome in treating RSD.

It usually takes me a full 48 hours to recover my energy after writing so long on my article, so I will probably need that much time before I am able to write in detail about why I think RSD patients need a lower concentration of oxygen at a lower pressure.

I will reply in as much detail as space allows sometime Saturday. Then you will have the opportunity to review my reasoning and decide whether it makes sense to you...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote