Thread: Feeling Better!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 11:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Feeling Better!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share some positive news...
I am no longer using a cane, I'm walking around a lot more, (although still in some pain) I am doing better!

I told you earlier that I was going to fight this and it wasn't going to win... well, it seems I'm gaining some ground! I've started lots of vitamins, B-12, B-2 (I can't drink milk or milk products) Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamins, and I'm drinking an 8 ounce glass of carrot/celery/beet/apple juice every day! Jack LaLane doesn't look that good at his age by accident! I've lost 12 pounds and I'm no longer eating fatty foods. (I do have a problem with my eyebrows getting out of control sometimes, but I'm sure it has to do with that juice machine thing )

I do feel it if I've pushed myself too far, and am careful not to do that but somedays I get a little too "bulletproof".

I don't like to give up without a fight, and I'm not going down easy!

I just came back from visiting my hometown and my mom's husband. (She passed away three years ago) and it gave me a real sense of who I am and how far I've come. When you look back at the road you've travelled, it reminds you of all the things you've overcome and all the battles you've won. When you are tired and feeling somewhat insecure, just look back at how far you have come and remind yourself what a strong and incredible person you are.

You all have been very helpful and instrumental in my fight as well. Thank you for all your advice and I know you will be there for me in the future. I know this is just a temporary "high" and there will definitely be bad days in the future, but I'm going to wallow in the good days as well, so I have something to reflect on when the bad days are getting me down. (And so you all can have something to hold on to when you are having bad days and remember that we all have ups and downs).

Terri
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CarlaDanDan (03-04-2010)