View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Arrow

Thanks everyone so far...

IF it dies back, I will go in there with long gloves/long pants, etc and pull it out.

Hubby gets terrible poison ivy, but I don't. I even pull out young seedlings by the stem when I find them in the yard! Never had it.

I have seen on the net if you burn it, it can inflame the lungs and even cause DEATH.... we can't burn here anyway...good thing!

So I plan on trying to pull it out if it dies back, maybe with the help of a garden fork...and into a garbage bag it will go! This patch is about 20ft wide and 8 ft deep. It comes up to knee level, while growing so far!

Down at the other end of the street, there was a huge patch too a few years ago. A neighbor requested the city remove it. They sprayed it with "something", and since then NOTHING will grow there. It is still bare dirt!

This is the area I plan to fix. It is 2 houses down and the rocks are new.
The poison ivy wasn't up yet when I took this picture. Today it is covering the right side of the fire hydrant, behind the rocks. (there are two small ones coming thru the front of the rocks now too).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-04-2010 at 03:32 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote