View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Good question, Sandy!!

I am exactly the same as you! I HATE having my RSD limbs on display and always try and hide them if I can!

I usually wear my Ugg Boots so that they 'hide' the state of my leg apart from the foot rotation but they hurt my leg quite a lot due to the hypersenstivity so I can't always wear them.

I also tend to try and wear long sleeve tops to stop myself from seeing the swelling and bruising in my arm. That is REALLY hard though, especially when my arm is really swelt up as I usually can't get long sleeve tops over my arm and have to wear short sleeved, baggy tshirts.

It's becoming Summer over here in the UK so I can't wear my Ugg boots that much. I really want to wear short skirts and dresses but don't like wearing them due to the state of my leg! My hairs grow a lot so I am always having to shave otherwise I look stupid but then my RSD leg goes purple and blue lol - guess it's a no win situation!!

I don't think anyone would really like people looking at their RSD limbs lol ! I know I am VERY self conscious of how my leg and arms look and sometimes hate going out of the house if they look really bad - I guess it's slightly worse for me because I am already a self conscious teen lol!

Very good question, thanks for bringing it up! I'll be interested to see what others have to say!
ALASKA MIKE (06-05-2009), Dew58 (06-06-2009)