View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
Thinking about my super immune system - never got Poison Ivy as a kid, even though I rubbed it on me, showing off like a kid. Any others ( sorry for Hijack!!)

I don't get it either. Never once even when the rest of the gang, running right through the same patch with me, suffered something fierce from it.

LOL....

I used Round up for poison ivy, pre mixed. Round up has several kinds of sprays, so it helped me that Anderson's had a chart of weeds to show which type of RU I needed.

It'll kill small trees so be careful. It cost about $30 - totally worth it. Note that it takes a couple weeks, the label says, to kill. I noticed the plants starting to shrivel in about 5-7 days, and some needed more than one spray. Still, it's the only thing I've found that really does it.

I have lots of *wild mulberry* trees that pop up - you just can't kill them any other way.

I was careful, spraying right next to other plants on a calm day and have not killed any good plants. The spray nozzle is really accurate.

I used a general RU weed killer for easier to kill weeds and that worked well for choke weed and such. Again, didn't kill anything but what I wanted to kill.

I never used a weed killer till last year, so this is new to me but I was impressed.