View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I'm so the same - am behind in my shopping and decorating.
But we've had some wind storms and power outages here and have had a couple of cold days- but it just doesn't seem like Christmas yet for me???

There used to be a little community that nearly the whole town would have decorations and many automated ones {that the farmers made themselves}.
But they stopped doing it- maybe the old fellows weren't able to do it anymore and the families didn't keep it going.

But it was so neat people from Portland would come out and drive the town to see it- it was only 3 miles away for us.

It seems the stores don't really get into decorating much anymore either.

My sis in law just had a blood clot in her arm and spent the nite in the hospital- they were going to have dinner & gifts at their place but we don't know if she will be up for all that- even if I help a lot.
but we can move that to Mom & dads place{my place is way too small for all the family}.
I'm making a big batch of spaghetti and also a pasta w/Alfredo sauce
and the others bring a salad, french bread & desserts.

We're doing the gift exchange where we draw numbers and go in order to pick a gift then the next one can steal that or pick a new gift and on and on- so the last person gets the best choice- It's fun and rowdy.

well better get on it- LOL