View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 04:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Pabb and thanks for your reply

Anything under 500 should be treated!? Really?

During my optic neuritis days, my neurologist had me on weekly b12 injections on top of the chemo and steroids just in case they could help a little with remyelination. I went off them about a year ago. I don't really mind taking b12 if needed, but would definitely mind the injections again seeing as they induced a horrible, unbelievable case of acne last time that just would not go away no matter what I did. The acne vanished about a week after I went off the shots... Would it be possible to take oral b12? Would that make a difference though acne-wise?

Vitamin d was 21.4 and the lab's range is 11.0 to 43 ng/ml!

Re the celiac test results my rheumatologist has the GI biopsy results, but they did come up negative, and as for the blood tests the antigliadin antibodies came up negative with a value of 4.5 and for that lab a positive was any value over 5. My ana results were 1/160 with a homogenous pattern of immunofluorence at the time, they turned negative a few weeks later and resurfaced a year and a half ago with a value of 1/2560 (alongside other autoantibodies related to the clotting syndrome I have) during a major thrombotic storm.

Thanks again for the info!

Ziggy
Ziggy7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote