View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

sorry i forgot the comma-it's 90 mg mest treleased, not 90 pred. i'm only on 40 mg per day of pred for 1-1/2 wks then 20 mg for 7-10 days then 20 mg once a day for 1-2 wks depending on the swelling ,pain and voice loss from thyroiditis. the drs both said most people who get thrroiditis only get it once!!! this is 3 rd time second time with voice loss for at least 10 days and needing steroids vs high doses of ibrophen[sp] i also have a few days of low throid and a few days of high. i know because my temp which runs normally 98.6 was never above 97.5 for 5 days i thought i was having fever starting one day ,took temp and it was 96.2!! kept track for 5 days even when i was sweating it was only 97 degrees!! gained 10 lbs in 10 days then lost 4 in 1 week ,felt like i was on speed 2 other days [hyper thr] i've had enough of this uncontrolled crap!!!!!!! i don't mind being sick[better me than my kids] but i want to learn about it ,control it and get on with my life even if it's changed yet again!!!!! another ? since our immune systems are off balanced and in over drive- are we more prone to germs and infections? i don't work anymore from another disability so not exposed to large groups on regular basis and kids are grown and gone. it's a beautiful sunny day outside in northeast usa so i'm going outside to do something. don't know what yet but bye for now!!!
xmas 25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote