View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 12:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wish I could help, but I am *so* not familiar with Opana. I'd call the doctor asap to ask what you should do in the meantime, until your next visit, or make an appointment to see him right away. Ask the doctor if he knows of a medication that might be suited to act as a breakthrough medication for you.

I'm on gabapentin & pain patches (buprenorphine pain patches). I have the same kind of medication as my pain patches for breakthrough pain: oral, sublingual buprenorphine. If I get breakthrough pain, and this can vary quite a bit, all I have to do is put a small pill under my tongue and wait for it to work. Usually I end up having to take two because I've waited too long to take something. It is atrocious to get breakthrough pain. I mean, my pain is still there, it's there all the time, but it's there to a point where I teeter on the brink of manageable. I do not want to be a zombie. I can get quite a bit of breakthrough pain. Only in the summer do I get some form of relief from it all - it's my favorite season, it's like my bones warm all the way through for a change.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-06-2009), Dew58 (06-06-2009), loretta (06-07-2009)