View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

esilver81,

My recommendation would be to avoid alcohol. I was told this by my neurologist. Later, when you are feeling better on a consistent basis, you could slowly reintroduce alcohol.

Regarding reading, computers, and other activities, I have learned to recognize when I am becoming fatigued from an activity. I stop the activity at the FIRST sign. I then either go rest or switch to a different activity that does not cause fatigue.

This will be the most valuable skill you can learn. As soon as you start to sense that foggy or glazed over feeling, change your environment or activity.

Regarding the light drinking, If you do it because it relaxes you, then it has a neurological effect. That effect can be detrimental to your healing. If you can tell the day after that you had alcohol the night before. then it is too much.

I can get a hang-over from just one beer. A hang-over is just your brain saying that it has been traumatized. Notice how much there is in common between a hang-over and the aftermath of a concussion.

So, you now have enough information to make your own informed choices.

Now, go do the right thing.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote