View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I do feel your frusteration since I'm going through the same thing, so sorry..

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginab72 View Post
Hi to everyone
I'm Regina and I have just been diagnosed (10 days ago)with hyperthyroid and graves eye disease .First they treated my swollen eyes for allergies even though I told them that I don't have allergies.
This eye disease is So....... frustrating. And then you feel so helpless cause you've been told that there is NO cure and even if the thyroid levels go down the eye problem might never go away. So ,are they saying that I'll look like an ill 85 year old women for ever? I'm only 37! I've noticed that my eyes swell up more after eating some foods , so I started reading some more and saw that we're supposed to eat certain foods and I'm not sure what I can eat anymore. Can someone please help because I am starving and I'm to scared to eat anything now.
I hope I'm responding in the right place since I'm new to this. I just had a 6 month check up with my opthamologist who informed me my eyes have gotten worse and same story as last time, just wait until "the disease burns out". I've already had the symptoms for 2 years!!! So then I start looking around and find this connection with the Celiacs disease(and other digestive disorders) to Graves disease because of the connection to the antibodies going crazy so my thought is: if your these antibodies are attacking your tyroid and your digestive system and your eyes what is to be done to stop all this reaction in your body? I have just 2 day ago started trying to stop eating things involving wheat thinking that has got to be the connection. I hope and pray that is it.... Good luck to you, I could go on and on about the experiences of the last 3 years and all the discoveries that not one doctor ever told me to try but yet I did on my own and have gottem somewhat better due to it...
reneedrew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-18-2009)