View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 04:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Resurrecting this thread as one of the diagnoses I have from my neurologist (I am fairly new to the board) is "atypical facial pain"/"atypical trigeminal neurgalgia". Mine sometimes is pain, sometimes is a tingling/electircal/ticklish [but not pleasent ticklish] feeling, or a tingling like when your foot goes to sleep sorta feeling, and sometimes is more like a pressure feeling, too...Even maybe a "shooting" pressure feeling, if that makes *any* sense (it is a hard feeling to describe, 'shooting pressure' or 'stabbing pressure' is the best I can come up with, I think...). Sometimes there is a numbness component to it, or a numbness-and-yet-increased sensitivity component to it. Or sometimes it's a very hard feeling to describe at all, except that, despite not being pain *per se* at that point, it is a distracting/annoying enough just *sensation* to make me wanna tear my face off to get rid of the ticklish/tingly/pressure/shooting pressure.increased sensation.whatever. Anyone else had anything similar?
Aliya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote