View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ah, Charlie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmo View Post
does PD cause this or is it an effect of say, dystonia? (thats what I think)
your thoughts?

Charlie
that's the $64,000 chicken or egg first question. for me i think 'scoliosis' makings acrue with life's bumps and bruises and misalignments throughout the spine - which, if left untreated, cause muscle imbalances/overloads which, over time, depletes dopamine , which further advances scoliosis. i think the dyskinesiias/dystonias are caused by levodopa..burning up the nervous system!

this is just how i am experiencing it. don't know about other bodies - but i have noticed that lots of pd''ers have postural probs, neck/back/knee surgery...

for me physical 'insullts - falls, some bodywork, etc can cause a worsening of "pd symptoms" often as quickly as overnight.

Girija, i rememmber thinking my unnoticeable scoliosis was nothiing to worry about. ... and then slowly but surely it began to progress. i think exercises massage, acupuncture are a good idea - to support the musculo-skeletal system.

as for the levodopa-dysky stuff, i dare to hope there might be an acceptable , effective other substance w/ differennt 'pathways" - or somesuch.. i'm not sure about this dopamine thing anyway.i already use mucuna - in fact it might be a major culprit in the dysky chain.

physical therapist appt this week, neuro the next! there's an answer out there somewhere!

ibby
Ibken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote