View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face heya

((( Barbara )))

you mention alcohol making you sad... could be, but i think some of it is real. that guy really let you down. he did sound like he wanted to reach out to you over the phone though.

i think he has his own situation - living in a complex where the cops are coming by all the time. perhaps he needed to get that out. sort of like wishful thinking... "if only those two would get along" = no more cops.

tomorrow will be a new day. you will be more clear headed. let the emotions subside. then i would suggest giving him a chance to explain himself. since you hung up on him, i would call him or go by there. and say, something like....

ok what you said really hurt me because if it were up to me, i wouldn't be having the cops through here all the time either. i cannot control what that woman does. when you said those things, it felt like you were holding me responsible for her actions. i am trying to ignore her, because she has lied about me and against me, and any interaction i might have with her could be turned against me. i cannot help it if she continues her attacks. i cannot control her behavior, and consequently the calling of the cops all the time. i don't like it any more than you do. in fact, i hate it, because i am the one being hassled and my best bet is to ignore her! i know you apologized, but that does not change what you said, and how it came across to me. and that is what hurt.

i was too hurt to discuss things on the phone (apologize for hanging up.) but, now if you have thought about things and have anything else to say to me, i am all ears. i would prefer to be your friend but i can only do that if i am respected and can trust you not to judge me, let alone unfairly for things i cannot control.

i dunno. but you have to be feeling "ok" when you go talk to him. settled with yourself, you know?

((( HUGS )))

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-07-2009)